NuTone ULTRA PRO™ Series Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, extremely quiet operation, energy efficiency, consistent power and most impressively, the fastest, easiest, most universal installation available. These fans are ideal for both spot ventilation in humid bathrooms, as well as continuous ventilation to meet various building codes and Green Building standards around the United States.
- 110 CFM reduces humidity to quickly eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 105 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- QStream™ Technology - State-of-the-art blower design with airflow-smoothing baffles optimally smoothes airflow and reduce turbulence so the wheel can turn more slowly and quietly with no airflow loss
- QFlow™ Technology - Duct connector damper flap is completely removed from airstream to reduce static pressure again, allowing the blower to turn more slowly and quietly, Damper also seals against perimeter surfaces when closed to prevent backdrafts
- ULTRALucent™ Lighting Technology provides 36 watt lights (two 18-watt bulbs included) delivering the brightness (measured in lumens) of models previously requiring 60 watts of CFL output – You get the best of both worlds; clear, even lighting with no hot spots and smaller energy bills
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that deliver the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation, so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
NuTone ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
2014 Broan-NuTone ULTRA Pro Challenge Tour
NuTone ULTRA™ Series -- Installation Challenge Video
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
NuTone ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
NuTone ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||105|
|CFM @ 0.10"||110|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8"|
|Light Bulb Quantity||2|
|Light Bulb Wattage||18|
|Light Bulbs Included||Yes|
|Minimum construction space required||2" x 8"|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
RN110L is rated
Rated 2 out of
This exhaust fan is rated at .8 sones. I installed a similar Nutone fan (80CFM) about two years ago rated at .8 sones. It was whisper quiet. Now this latest installation is probably twice as loud even though it is also .8 sones. I measured decibels (about 54), this equates to roughly 3 sones. So what's going on here?
Date published: 2018-12-23
Rated 5 out of
Where have you been all my life?
Great for new construction but the real feature here is how great it is in retro fits. Either way, it's the best of the bunch. The gap is just so much bigger in the retro fit department.
I wish we could do away with the CFLs though. I'm not a big fan.
-Master Electrician (Michigan)
Date published: 2015-09-23
Rated 4 out of
Great Choice For Retro-Fit Installation
Installed this fan last week using the retro-fit instructions and only encountered some minor challenges. Based on this experience I suggest the screws contained in the parts package be sheet metal screws as the flat end screws provided are very difficult or impossible to use. Luckily I had some sheet metal screws on hand. Also, the fan grill assembly was extremely difficult to install flush with the ceiling. After making some major adjustments to the poorly designed spring assembly that holds all in place I was able flush mount the grill and light assembly. I honestly thought this higher end NuTone would include a quality grill attach system but sadly it does not. After getting around all of these detours with the fan up and running, I'm very please with the look and operation of this fan and lighting system. Fan itself is not as quiet as I was led to believe but it is an excellent choice for the task.
Date published: 2015-03-19
Rated 5 out of
This fan is super efficient and super quiet.
Date published: 2014-12-29
Rated 5 out of
Finally a retrofit fan!
Fan installs very easily and quickly. Well thought out design and very efficient. Would like to see a one or two light option. Many of the small bathrooms I remodel go from no light to suntan booth with two lights. Two lights are very nice in some of the larger bathrooms however. Why on earth has it taken them almost 100 years worth of fan technology to come out with a retrofit unit? Glad they did!
Date published: 2014-12-03
I can't get the cover off to change the bulb :(
Also, I am having cold air coming in my exhaust fan. The house is new about 3 yes old. This began last year. Now I can't remove the cover, please help
Carefully wedge a small screw driver or knife on the long side of the glass and wedge it out. You'll figure the rest out.
Date published: 2016-03-26
Why can't I find the RN110L anywhere to purchase? I've looked at home depot and online and have been unsuccessful?
Electrical supply house that sells Nutone. Or an electrician. Broan makes a very similar model. Broan and Nutone are one company now still operating under different names.
Date published: 2016-03-26
Can I put the fan on a dimmer switch? I know the directions say not to use one on the light.
Thank you for your question on the model RN110L. Yes, you can use the model 57W variable speed control on the model ventilation fan feature. If you have further questions, please contact our Technical Support directly at 888-336-6151.
Date published: 2018-12-31
county of origin
I am looking for an alternative to the chinese made panasonic. Where are the nutones made. Especially the ultra pro's. thanks
Thank you for your question on the model RN110L exhaust fan/light. The RN110L is made in China. You may want to look at the model AERN110L that is made in the U.S.
Date published: 2016-02-17
What swich should I use, is there a nuTone product
Thank you for your question on the model RN110L. To have independent operation of all functions you will need 3 switches with the associated wiring. You can use standard wall switches, or we have a combination switch (model # 66). Please contact technical service if you have further questions at 1-888-336-6151.
Date published: 2016-11-08