To learn more about this revolutionary new product and how you can install it faster in new construction and retrofits, CLICK HERE.
NuTone ULTRA GREEN™ Series Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, extremely quiet operation, energy efficiency, consistent power and most impressively, the fastest, easiest, most universal installation available. These fans are ideal for both spot ventilation in humid bathrooms, as well as continuous ventilation to meet various building codes and Green Building standards around the United States.
- 110 CFM very quickly reduces humidity to prevent or eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 100 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- Multi-Speed operation handles demanding spot ventilation needs, but can also pull double-duty as a great continuous ventilation solution to meet today’s stringent requirements. Upon installation, a continuous CFM adjustment dial is set to precisely control the airflow for the size of your house – so you’ll enjoy a successful inspection and not over-ventilate. A timer dial is set at the same time to control how long the fan runs at maximum CFM, before automatically returning to the lower continuous ventilation level – all after you leave the room
- ULTRASilent™ Sound Technology results in operation at less than 0.3 Sones – the quietest sound rating attainable -- for an environment that is so quiet, you’ll likely forget the fan is on
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that deliver the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- ULTRASmart™ DC Motor & Control Technology provides energy efficiency almost 10 times greater than ENERGY STAR® requirements and maintains rated power (CFM) in nearly every installation. You have confidence you’re getting the expected performance and won’t even notice the fan usage on your utility bill
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDFU which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Improving indoor air quality with ULTRA GREEN™ ventilation fans
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
ULTRASMART™ DC Motor and Control Technology
ULTRASILENT™ with QStream™ Sound Technology
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
ULTRASENSE™ H Humidity Sensing Technology
ULTRASENSE™ M Motion Sensing Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Indoor Air - Concerns For Healthy Living Environments - The Balancing Act® on Lifetime® Television
How Do I Prevent Mold Growth In Bathrooms? - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
How long can the venting for my bath vent be? Can I use flexible duct? - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Broan-NuTone Ventilation Fans Tip - Exhaust Fan Replacement Options - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts - Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||105|
|CFM @ 0.10"||110|
|CFM @ 0.25"||110|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2018||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8"|
|Light Bulb Quantity||N/A|
|Light Bulb Wattage||N/A|
|Light Bulbs Included||No|
|Lighting Type||No Light|
|Minimum construction space required||2" x 8"|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|Product Weight (Pounds)||9.6|
|Radiation Damper Available||Yes|
|Rated Sones - Vertical||N/A|
|Sones 6" to 4" reducer||N/A|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
|Watts @ 0.1"||7.7|
|Watts @ 0.1" (Max CFM)||7.7|
|Watts @ 0.25"||N/A|
What are the expected types of switches to use when running in continuous mode? Just plain single pole, push button, or timer countdowns?
I'd like to have the full cfm mode run for a user definable time based on a wall timer/switch (typically 0-60 minutes in 5 minute increments), not the user adjustable time in the fan unit, then fall back to continuous mode.
Thank you for your question regarding the switches. The recommended switches are simple, single pole design. Outside additional timers are not recommended with this model. There is an adjustable, internal, on-board timer which should be used. It may be set between 5 and 60 minutes. The installation instructions are available on our website for download.
Date published: 2016-01-19
Is there a single switch opion for the ZN110, like the 57W switch?
I guess it's two question in one:
1) As stated in the subject
2) Can the secondary switch be a variable control versus simply high/low settings?
Thank you for your question. You can use the 68W, 267WL, or the 685WL for your wall controls. You cannot use a speed control on the ZN110 because it uses a DC motor. For further assistance, contact Nutone Technical Support at 888-336-6151.
Date published: 2017-10-02
If my old fan only have a 3"duct,can I install a fan with 6"duct,just use a converter?
Will they affect the air flow?
Thank you for your question on the ZN110 exhaust fan. The ZN110 exhaust fan requires the use of six inch, preferably rigid duct work. We do not recommend using any smaller duct work that what is specified for a particular exhaust fan. Using smaller duct work can reduce air movement, increase noise, cause the motor to work harder than designed and void the warranty.
Date published: 2016-02-08
What is the difference between ZN 110 and XN 110 ?
I'm renovating and want the quietest possible new fan.
Thank you for your question on the models XN110 and ZN110 exhaust fans. The XN110 is a single speed (110 CFM) exhaust fan. The ZN110 is designed to be a two speed fan. It is designed to run constantly at a (consumer preset) low speed from 30 – 80 CFM and have a high speed of 110 CFM when needed. The sound level of both fans are the same at <.3 sones. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 888-336-6151 for further assistance.
Date published: 2016-01-20
special tool needed to separate motor from impeller?
I received part 97018753 (control board plus motor) under warranty from you recently.
R&R of the control was easy, but I cant figure out how to separate the motor from the impeller, I have it disassembled to that point but looks like I need a special tool to somehow unscrew the motor front the impeller housing? Not sure how to get to the "C" clip either.
Thank you for your question on the model ZN110 multi-speed exhaust fan. The impeller is held onto the motor shaft with a hex acorn nut. You should be able to use a socket or adjustable wrench to remove the nut. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 888-336-6151 if you need further assistance.
Date published: 2015-05-18