To learn more about this revolutionary new product and how you can install it faster in new construction and retrofits, CLICK HERE.
NuTone ULTRA GREEN™ Humidity Sensing Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, ease of installation, energy efficiency, consistent power, extremely quiet operation and multi-speed capability. Best of all, they have the ability to know when they should be in the “normal” continuous ventilation mode and when they should kick up to the high speed mode to evacuate shower humidity or odors.
- 110 CFM very quickly reduces humidity to prevent or eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 100 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- ULTRASense™ H, Humidity Sensing Technology, means no longer needing to remember to turn the fan on when you shower. Unlike other competitive fans and wall controls that wait for a relative humidity set point to be reached, ULTRASense H multi-speed fans react to a quick rise in humidity to increase fan speed and clear the mirrors faster
- Multi-Speed operation handles demanding spot ventilation needs, but can also pull double-duty as a great continuous ventilation solution to meet today’s stringent requirements. Upon installation, a continuous CFM adjustment dial is set to precisely control the airflow for the size of your house – so you’ll enjoy a successful inspection and not over-ventilate. A timer dial (adjustable from 5-60 minutes) is set at the same time to control how long the fan runs at maximum CFM, before automatically returning to the lower continuous ventilation level – all after you leave the room
- ULTRALucent™ Lighting Technology provides 36 watt lights (two 18-watt bulbs included) delivering the brightness (measured in lumens) of models previously requiring 60 watts of CFL output – You get the best of both worlds; clear, even lighting with no hot spots and smaller energy bills
- ULTRASilent™ Sound Technology results in operation at less than 0.3 Sones – the quietest sound rating attainable -- for an environment that is so quiet, you’ll likely forget the fan is on
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that deliver the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation, so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- ULTRASmart™ DC Motor & Control Technology provides energy efficiency almost 10 times greater than ENERGY STAR® requirements and maintains rated power (CFM) in nearly every installation. You have confidence you’re getting the expected performance and won’t even notice the fan usage on your utility bill
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDFU which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings. In some cases an accessory wire jumper kit is required. This kit (model RDJUMPU) provides the additional lighting and sensing wire length necessary to bypass the damper
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Improving indoor air quality with ULTRA GREEN™ ventilation fans
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
ULTRASMART™ DC Motor and Control Technology
ULTRASILENT™ with QStream™ Sound Technology
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
ULTRASENSE™ H Humidity Sensing Technology
ULTRASENSE™ M Motion Sensing Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Indoor Air - Concerns For Healthy Living Environments - The Balancing Act® on Lifetime® Television
How Do I Prevent Mold Growth In Bathrooms? - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
How long can the venting for my bath vent be? Can I use flexible duct? - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Broan-NuTone Ventilation Fans Tip - Exhaust Fan Replacement Options - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts - Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||105|
|CFM @ 0.10"||110|
|CFM @ 0.25"||110|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2018||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8"|
|Light Bulb Quantity||2|
|Light Bulb Wattage||18|
|Light Bulbs Included||Yes|
|Minimum construction space required||2" x 8"|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|Product Weight (Pounds)||9.2|
|Rated Sones - Vertical||N/A|
|Sones 6" to 4" reducer||N/A|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
|Watts @ 0.1"||N/A|
|Watts @ 0.1" (Max CFM)||N/A|
|Watts @ 0.25"||N/A|
ZN110HL is rated
Rated 5 out of
State of the Art
I love the NuTone ZN110HL for the ease of installation, green features, functionality, ultra-low sone rating, and being Energy Star Rated. I am happy with the value for dollars spent. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
Date published: 2014-12-08
My current fan/light has two switches - one for the fan, one for the light.
How would this new fan be switched? Can you walk into the room and just turn on the light?
Thank you for your question on the model ZN110HL multi-speed humidity sensing exhaust fan/light/night light. To operate all functions of the ZN110HL independently, you would need to install a total of five switches with five power wires from the switches to the unit. Please see the installation instructions for this product on our website or contact our Technical Service Department at 888-336-6151 for further assistance.
Date published: 2014-07-02
Does the ZN110HL work with just the 66W switch? Having trouble, my fan only runs at a slow speed and doesn't work off of the humidity sensor.
Thank you for your question. Yes, the recommended switch for the ZN110HL is the 66W. Please refer to your wiring instructions to view the different operation options. An installation guide is available on our website. For further assistance, contact Nutone Technical Support at 888-336-6151.
Date published: 2018-01-03
Is speaker wire okay to use for fan?
The only 120VAC 14/4 wire I can find is speaker wire. Is this okay to use for the fan to get all functionality? If I want to use 14/3 wire which function should I exclude?
Thank you for your question on the model ZN110HL multi-speed humidity sensing exhaust fan/light/night light. You cannot use speaker wire to wire this unit. The wiring must be 120VAC electrical wiring that meets your local electrical code requirements. If you cannot find 14/4 wire, you can use a 14/3 and 14/2 instead. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 888-336-6151 for further assistance.
Date published: 2015-03-09
Are 2700K or 3000K bulbs available for this unit? If not, can it be adapted to LED bulbs of those colors?
My wife hates CFL, and so I will not buy this unit unless it can be adapted to a more natural color palate
Thank you for your question on the model ZN110HL humidity sensing multi-speed exhaust fan/fluorescent light/night light. The ZN110HL requires two 18 watt maximum, type GU24 fluorescent lamps with a Maximum Overall Length (MOL) of 3.9”. The bulbs we supply are 3500K, but you may be able to find 2700K – 3000K. We cannot suggest or recommend using any other type of bulb in this unit.
Date published: 2015-05-19
ZN110HL vent never tunes off
I just got the ZN110HL vent installed. Everything seems to work except the vent never turns off. I have vent set to 80% and the time turned as low as it can go.
Thank you for your question on the ZN110HL ventilation fan and light with humidity sensor. This model is designed to run on the preset low cfm 24/7. The humidity sensor will only activate when the fan detects a rapid rise in humidity. Please contact our Technical Support team for more assistance at 888-336-6151.
Date published: 2018-05-03