To learn more about this revolutionary new product and how you can install it faster in new construction and retrofits, CLICK HERE.
NuTone ULTRA GREEN™ Humidity Sensing Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, ease of installation, energy efficiency, consistent power, and extremely quiet operation. Best of all, they have the ability to sense when you’re showering via a quick rise in humidity and automatically turn on.
- 110 CFM very quickly reduces humidity to prevent or eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 100 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- ULTRASense™ H, Humidity Sensing Technology, means no longer needing to remember to turn the fan on when you shower. Unlike other competitive fans and wall controls that wait for a relative humidity set point to be reached, ULTRASense H fans react to a quick rise in humidity to turn the fan on and clear the mirrors faster
- ULTRASilent™ Sound Technology results in operation at less than 0.3 Sones – the quietest sound rating attainable -- for an environment that is so quiet, you’ll likely forget the fan is on
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that deliver the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation, so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- ULTRASmart™ DC Motor & Control Technology provides energy efficiency almost 10 times greater than ENERGY STAR® requirements and maintains rated power (CFM) in nearly every installation. You have confidence you’re getting the expected performance and won’t even notice the fan usage on your utility bill
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDFU which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings. In some cases an accessory wire jumper kit is required. This kit (model RDJUMPU) provides the additional lighting and sensing wire length necessary to bypass the damper
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Improving indoor air quality with ULTRA GREEN™ ventilation fans
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
ULTRASMART™ DC Motor and Control Technology
ULTRASILENT™ with QStream™ Sound Technology
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
ULTRASENSE™ H Humidity Sensing Technology
ULTRASENSE™ M Motion Sensing Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Indoor Air - Concerns For Healthy Living Environments - The Balancing Act® on Lifetime® Television
How Do I Prevent Mold Growth In Bathrooms? - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
How long can the venting for my bath vent be? Can I use flexible duct? - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Broan-NuTone Ventilation Fans Tip - Exhaust Fan Replacement Options - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts - Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||105|
|CFM @ 0.10"||110|
|CFM @ 0.25"||110|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2018||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8"|
|Light Bulb Quantity||N/A|
|Light Bulb Wattage||N/A|
|Light Bulbs Included||No|
|Lighting Type||No Light|
|Minimum construction space required||2" x 8"|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|Product Weight (Pounds)||N/A|
|Rated Sones - Vertical||N/A|
|Sones 6" to 4" reducer||N/A|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
|Watts @ 0.1"||8.3|
|Watts @ 0.1" (Max CFM)||8.3|
|Watts @ 0.25"||N/A|
XN110H is rated
Rated 4 out of
Heavy duty vent
Sturdy well constructed package. Poorly packaged.
Date published: 2015-05-24
Rated 5 out of
Expensive product but easy installation and very quiet. There is no attic access required provided that you have 6" round duct already available. Otherwise, attic access is required.
Date published: 2013-06-06
Why won't my newly electrician installed XN 11OH unit shut off? 24 hrs on.
Help! The fan runs all the time. Chose this single speed unit because of the humidity sensing and the great reviews, In this state, I do not need it to run constantly. The installers say they will need to disconnect the humidity sensor to get the fan to shut off. It has been running ever since it was installed-24 hours ago. What can I/we do? With the fan and electricians fee, this ended up costing a lot of money. Thank you for your help.The electricians will be back to check this morning-another fee.
Thank you for your question on the model XN110H humidity sensing exhaust fan. There is a user settable humidity control and if that is set too low, the fan will run all the time. There is also a sensor override and if the power is connected to that, the fan will run all the time. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 888-336-6151 for assistance.
Date published: 2014-07-18
Will the 77DW switch be able to operate an indepedent light as well as all the function of this fan
or will I need the P77DW?
Thank you for your question on the model XN110H humidity sensing exhaust fan. The P77DW is a four function switch. The XN110H requires a two function switch (or two separate switches). If you are looking for a multi-function switch to operate the XN110H and an independent light, I would suggest the model 66W switch.
Date published: 2016-09-21
Can this fan be mounted in a wall instead of a ceiling?
If so can the exhaust duct be vertical flowing upwards
Thank you for your question. U.L. Listed for use over bathtubs and showers when connected to a GFCI protected branch circuit (ceiling mount only).
Date published: 2017-09-27
Does this unit have a backflow damper?
Thank you for your question. The XN110H has a built in back draft damper installed in the duct connector. For further assistance, contact Technical Support at 888-336-6151.
Date published: 2018-05-17
Does it have enough drawing power?
I have a technical question regarding your exhaust fans. I’m planning on updating the bathroom in my father’s home and planned to install a new exhaust fan. In this process could I modify a NuTone fan (XN110HL/XN110H) by adding a two inch hole and tube to the top of the fan box, running the tube behind the wall and connecting to a vent just above the floor base board? If I did this, would the fan have sufficient draw to help vent the room through the secondary vent?
Thank you for your question on the model XN110H humidity sensing exhaust fan. We cannot suggest the modification of any of our products. You need to follow the installation instructions supplied with the product.
Date published: 2013-10-23