This patent-pending series marks a revolution of our mid-range ventilation fans. It gives professionals the flexibility to handle new construction or room-side retrofit installations from one hard-working product line with a full range of operating points. Innovations include foldable mounting ears and new damper and housing technology that improve building airtightness like never before. And all with new grille designs that are at home in any decor.
- 80 CFM reduces humidity to quickly eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 75 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation, so you can move on to something else
- With our TrueSeal™ Damper Technology, InVent fans reduce air leakage by up to Fifty Percent* compared to competitive models, resulting in better home performance via blower door tests and reducing cold and warm air backdrafts
- EzDuct™ Connector can be installed room-side with no attic access required, fan housing connection have never been easier
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- With our TrueSeal™ Damper Technology, InVent fans reduce air leakage by up to 50% compared to competitive models, resulting in better home performance via blower door tests.*
*Testing reflects total fan housing airtightness. See nutone.com/invent for more details.
Buy this Bath Fan online at
NuTone Bath Fans available at The Home Depot.
Find the nearest Home Depot location in your neighborhood.
NuTone InVent Series Features & Benefits Video
NuTone InVent Series How To Install
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
How long can the venting for my bath vent be? Can I use flexible duct? - Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||75|
|CFM @ 0.10"||80|
|CFM @ 0.25"||67|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||No|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||9-1/4" x 10" x 5-3/4"|
|Light Bulb Quantity||N/A|
|Light Bulb Wattage||N/A|
|Light Bulbs Included||No|
|Lighting Type||No Light|
|Minimum construction space required||2" x 6"|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|Product Weight (Pounds)||10.0|
|Radiation Damper Available||No|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
ARN80HD is rated
Rated 1 out of
Does not work
I bought two fans. One for each bath. Installation very easy. The fan is no more than a vent. When I first powered it on it seemed like it was working in a very low speed mode like it had low voltage. Tested it with my VOM and it was receiving a full 120 volt. I held a BIC lighter just to the side of the vent. It has such little air movement that it will not even distort the flame even when its within 2 inches of the vent. Thinking I have a defective fan, I tested the other new one in a wall outlet. Still no capacity. When installed absolutely moves no air or will not clear the bathroom at all. Useless. Very disappointing when you cut a hole in you new bath and basically its there for looks.
Date published: 2018-12-14
Rated 3 out of
Grill will not attach and stay on housing
There must be a defect with the wires that attach the grill to the fan housing. Ours will not hold the grill on and it falls off. If I cannot get this resolved I may have to return it to Home Depot.
Also the ARN80HD assumes the outlet vent connection is to the right hand of the fan housing. Our outlet vent connection is to the left hand side of the housing. It would be nice if you modified the design so the installer could place the outlet vent on the right or left hand side. Thanks
Date published: 2018-02-11
Rated 5 out of
This is a great fan. It is so quiet I hardly know it is on sometimes. I love the sturdy metal grill instead of the plastic ones that so many bathroom vent fans have. This metal one will last and can be painted again if ever needed. So it is quiet, pulls air, and works great. If it lasts a long time I will purchase it again when and if that time arrives.
Date published: 2017-11-12
mounting ARN80HD to ceiling grid
Does the MHB4 mounting kit allow the ARN80HD to be mounted to a ceiling grid (Armstrong
Thank you for your question on the model ARN80HD exhaust fan and MHB4 hanger bracket. We have no products that can be installed directly to a drop ceiling. All of our products need to be connected to the hard ceiling in one fashion or another. The MHB4 is designed to be nailed or screwed into the ceiling joist.
Date published: 2015-12-31
This fan (ARN80HD) has a reference icon on the box that says 24/7.
What does 24/7 refer to?
Thank you for your question. 24/7 refers to the usage. The ARN80HD is designed for continuous operation. For further assistance, contact Technical Support at 888-336-6151.
Date published: 2018-10-15