To learn more about this revolutionary new product and how you can install it faster in new construction and retrofits, CLICK HERE.
NuTone ULTRA GREEN™ Humidity Sensing Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, ease of installation, energy efficiency, consistent power, extremely quiet operation and multi-speed capability. Best of all, they have the ability to know when they should be in the “normal” continuous ventilation mode and when they should kick up to the high speed mode to evacuate shower humidity or odors.
- 110 CFM quickly reduces humidity to prevent or eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 100 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- ULTRASense™ H, Humidity Sensing Technology, means no longer needing to remember to turn the fan on when you shower. Unlike other competitive fans and wall controls that wait for a relative humidity set point to be reached, ULTRASense H multi-speed fans react to a quick rise in humidity to increase fan speed and clear the mirrors faster
- Multi-Speed operation handles demanding spot ventilation needs, but can also pull double-duty as a great continuous ventilation solution to meet today’s stringent requirements. Upon installation, a continuous CFM adjustment dial is set to precisely control the airflow for the size of your house – so you’ll enjoy a successful inspection and not over-ventilate. A timer dial (adjustable from 5-60 minutes) is set at the same time to control how long the fan runs at maximum CFM, before automatically returning to the lower continuous ventilation level – all after you leave the room
- ULTRASilent™ Sound Technology results in operation at less than 0.3 Sones – the quietest sound rating attainable -- for an environment that is so quiet, you’ll likely forget the fan is on
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that deliver the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation, so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- ULTRASmart™ DC Motor & Control Technology provides energy efficiency almost 10 times greater than ENERGY STAR® requirements and maintains rated power (CFM) in nearly every installation. You have confidence you’re getting the expected performance and won’t even notice the fan usage on your utility bill
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDFU which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings. In some cases an accessory wire jumper kit is required. This kit (model RDJUMPU) provides the additional lighting and sensing wire length necessary to bypass the damper
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Improving indoor air quality with ULTRA GREEN™ ventilation fans
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
ULTRASMART™ DC Motor and Control Technology
ULTRASILENT™ with QStream™ Sound Technology
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
ULTRASENSE™ H Humidity Sensing Technology
ULTRASENSE™ M Motion Sensing Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Indoor Air - Concerns For Healthy Living Environments - The Balancing Act® on Lifetime® Television
How Do I Prevent Mold Growth In Bathrooms? - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
How long can the venting for my bath vent be? Can I use flexible duct? - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Broan-NuTone Ventilation Fans Tip - Exhaust Fan Replacement Options - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts - Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||105|
|CFM @ 0.10"||110|
|CFM @ 0.25"||110|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2018||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8"|
|Light Bulb Quantity||N/A|
|Light Bulb Wattage||N/A|
|Light Bulbs Included||No|
|Lighting Type||No Light|
|Minimum construction space required||2" x 8"|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|Product Weight (Pounds)||N/A|
|Rated Sones - Vertical||N/A|
|Sones 6" to 4" reducer||N/A|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
|Watts @ 0.1"||N/A|
|Watts @ 0.1" (Max CFM)||N/A|
|Watts @ 0.25"||N/A|
ZN110H is rated
Rated 5 out of
Happy with device. This is my second review, with greater satisfaction
After having the product in use for 10 months now, we are happy with the device. It works as described. I found the only difficulty I have with it is that the micro plug under the grill is difficult to grasp for removal or installation of the grill.
Date published: 2017-04-06
Rated 3 out of
does it's job
new construction installation by builder. motion sensor does not appear to work.
Date published: 2016-08-26
Which brand/model number multi-function switch do you recommend for this fan?
We will be using all three wall switch options: Master, Sensor and Manual on individual switches with 14/4 wire.
Thank you for your question on the model ZN110H humidity sensing multi-speed exhaust fan. To have independent operation of all functions of the ZN110H, you would need three switches and the associated wiring. We have a multi-function switch (model 66) that will fit into a single gang box that will work fine with this unit. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 888-336-6151 if you need further assistance.
Date published: 2016-10-10
What is the maximum recommended length for the duct?
Thank you for your question on the model ZN110H humidity sensing, multi speed exhaust fan. This fan is designed to use six inch rigid duct work. You can run this duct work 90 feet straight without loss of CFM. For every elbow installed, you would need to reduce that length by six feet.
Date published: 2013-10-23
Why does the fan run at the user set speed for about 30 seconds, then I hear a switch kick in and it runs at full speed continuously?
It is wired correctly on a retro install black - blk/brn, white - white, and grounded. Humidity level in the room is RH 36% per a meter I have, and the user setting is set at 80% for the sensor and time set at 20 min. User speed is set at 50cfm, 5 min. The sensor pin/plug is seated correctly, along with the other two pin/plugs for power.
Thank you for your question on the model ZN110H multispeed exhaust fan with humidity sensor. Wiring the ZN110H with a single switch, the fan will come on to low speed and then move to the high (rated speed) for the user time set and move back to low speed after the time has elapsed, until the humidity sensor turns the fan to high speed again. If this is not the way it is working please contact the Technical Service Department at 888-336-6151 for assistance.
Date published: 2015-07-20
What motion detector wall switch brand/model would you recommend?
Thank you for your question on the model ZN110M motion sensing, multi-speed exhaust fan. The ZN110M has a built-in motion sensor and we would not recommend using an additional motion sensor switch on the wall. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 888-336-6151 if you need further assistance.
Date published: 2015-10-12
How many watts? Important for solar house application!
Thank you for your question on the model ZN80M motion sensing multi-speed exhaust fan. The ZN80M will draw a maximum of 0.3 Amps (approximately 36 watts).
Date published: 2017-05-09