To learn more about this revolutionary new product and how you can install it faster in new construction and retrofits, CLICK HERE.
NuTone ULTRA GREEN™ Humidity Sensing Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, ease of installation, energy efficiency, consistent power, and extremely quiet operation. Best of all, they have the ability to sense when you’re showering via a quick rise in humidity and automatically turn on.
- 110 CFM very quickly reduces humidity to prevent or eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 100 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- ULTRASense™ H, Humidity Sensing Technology, means no longer needing to remember to turn the fan on when you shower. Unlike other competitive fans and wall controls that wait for a relative humidity set point to be reached, ULTRASense H fans react to a quick rise in humidity to turn the fan on and clear the mirrors faster
- ULTRALucent™ Lighting Technology provides 36 watt lights (two 18-watt bulbs included) delivering the brightness (measured in lumens) of models previously requiring 60 watts of CFL output – You get the best of both worlds; clear, even lighting with no hot spots and smaller energy bills
- ULTRASilent™ Sound Technology results in operation at less than 0.3 Sones – the quietest sound rating attainable -- for an environment that is so quiet, you’ll likely forget the fan is on
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that deliver the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation, so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- ULTRASmart™ DC Motor & Control Technology provides energy efficiency almost 10 times greater than ENERGY STAR® requirements and maintains rated power (CFM) in nearly every installation. You have confidence you’re getting the expected performance and won’t even notice the fan usage on your utility bill
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDFU which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings. In some cases an accessory wire jumper kit is required. This kit (model RDJUMPU) provides the additional lighting and sensing wire length necessary to bypass the damper
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Improving indoor air quality with ULTRA GREEN™ ventilation fans
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
ULTRASMART™ DC Motor and Control Technology
ULTRASILENT™ with QStream™ Sound Technology
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
ULTRASENSE™ H Humidity Sensing Technology
ULTRASENSE™ M Motion Sensing Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Indoor Air - Concerns For Healthy Living Environments - The Balancing Act® on Lifetime® Television
How Do I Prevent Mold Growth In Bathrooms? - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
How long can the venting for my bath vent be? Can I use flexible duct? - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Broan-NuTone Ventilation Fans Tip - Exhaust Fan Replacement Options - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts - Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||105|
|CFM @ 0.10"||110|
|CFM @ 0.25"||110|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2017||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8"|
|Light Bulb Quantity||2|
|Light Bulb Wattage||18|
|Light Bulbs Included||Yes|
|Minimum construction space required||2" x 8"|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|Product Weight (Pounds)||9.2|
|Rated Sones - Vertical||N/A|
|Sones 6" to 4" reducer||N/A|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
|Watts @ 0.1"||9.3|
|Watts @ 0.1" (Max CFM)||9.3|
|Watts @ 0.25"||N/A|
XN110HL is rated
Rated 5 out of
Love this exhaust fan, Have one for each bathroom, VERY QUIET, can hardly tell it is running. Humidity sensing is wonderful for the kids, they don't have to remember to flip the switch. Night light is also nice for those restless nights. Very easy to install, and the low profile grille is not to intrusive to the room.
Date published: 2014-03-17
Rated 5 out of
Great product but even better customer support from NuTone.
We installed this product in our bathroom when we remodeled it and were very happy with the choice. We have had it about three years. Our GC had his electrician do the installation and it worked for about a month, and then the humidity sensor no longer functioned. I contacted NuTone and they sent a repairman from a local distributor to fix it. The repair person wasn't familiar with this product and this resulted in unnecessary replacement of parts, but eventually, once he called Tech support, solved the problem. The item is a great addition to the bathroom and NuTone stood behind the product 100% and kept shipping the requested replacement parts. We are planning to install one in another bathroom we are remodeling. It's very quiet, gives decent light, and we love the humidity sensor.
Date published: 2013-11-03
what switch should i get for the XN110HL
I see this same question posted but the answer was for the QTXN110HL not the XN110HL. thanks
Thank you for your question on the model XN110HL humidity sensing exhaust fan/light/night light. If you have a single gang box for your switches, we would suggest using the model 77DW. If you have a double gang box for your switches, you could use two of the 68W switches.
Date published: 2013-10-23
Replacing Old Nutone Fan
I want to install a new fan and currently have a Nutone. I have no attic access. Would the install be easier being that this is the same brand? The old fan does not have humidity sensing. Thanks.
Thank you for your question on bath and ventilation exhaust fans. All of the “XN” series of fans can be installed very easily from inside the bathroom, without attic access. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 888-336-6151 if you need further assistance.
Date published: 2016-08-19
the orange wire for fan recepacle on my unit is crimped with a wire nut. should this orange wire connect to red?
Thank you for your question on the model XN110HL humidity sensing exhaust fan/light/night light. In the XN110HL, there is a red wire on the fan receptacle that should be capped off and is not used. The orange wire would be connected to the hot power wire coming from your fan override (Manual-ON) switch. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 888-336-6151 if you need further assistance.
Date published: 2016-12-12
Which Nutone switch provides access to full functions of the XN110HL???
Thank you for your question on the model QTXN110HL exhaust fan/heater/light/night light. We suggest using the model 77DW with this unit. It is a four function switch that will fit in a single gang box.
Date published: 2015-05-06
Will unit turn off by itself when humidity is below set level?
Thank you for your question on the model XN110HL humidity sensing exhaust fan/light/night light. When the humidity level goes below the preset level, the fan should turn off.
Date published: 2014-12-29