To learn more about this revolutionary new product and how you can install it faster in new construction and retrofits, CLICK HERE.
NuTone ULTRA GREEN™ Motion Sensing Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, ease of installation, energy efficiency, consistent power, extremely quiet operation and multi-speed capability. Best of all, they have the ability to know when they should be in the “normal” continuous ventilation mode and when they should kick up to the high speed mode to evacuate shower humidity or odors.
- 110 CFM very quickly reduces humidity to prevent or eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 100 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- ULTRASense™ M, Motion Sensing Technology, offers a hands-free solution for maximum convenience. The fan will increase to maximum speed from the lower, continuous setting when motion is detected -- which is ideal for family members who forget to turn the fan on -- and will stay on the max setting for the user-set 5-60 minute period after no motion is detected, before falling back to the continuous setting
- Multi-Speed operation handles demanding spot ventilation needs, but can also pull double-duty as a great continuous ventilation solution to meet today’s stringent requirements. Upon installation, a continuous CFM adjustment dial is set to precisely control the airflow for the size of your house – so you’ll enjoy a successful inspection and not over-ventilate. A timer dial (adjustable from 5-60 minutes) is set at the same time to control how long the fan runs at maximum CFM, before automatically returning to the lower continuous ventilation level – all after you leave the room
- ULTRALucent™ Lighting Technology provides 36 watt lights (two 18-watt bulbs included) delivering the brightness (measured in lumens) of models previously requiring 60 watts of CFL output – You get the best of both worlds; clear, even lighting with no hot spots and smaller energy bills
- ULTRASilent™ Sound Technology results in operation at less than 0.3 Sones – the quietest sound rating attainable -- for an environment that is so quiet, you’ll likely forget the fan is on
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that deliver the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation, so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- ULTRASmart™ DC Motor & Control Technology provides energy efficiency almost 10 times greater than ENERGY STAR® requirements and maintains rated power (CFM) in nearly every installation. You have confidence you’re getting the expected performance and won’t even notice the fan usage on your utility bill
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDFU which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings. In some cases an accessory wire jumper kit is required. This kit (model RDJUMPU) provides the additional lighting and sensing wire length necessary to bypass the damper
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Improving indoor air quality with ULTRA GREEN™ ventilation fans
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
ULTRASMART™ DC Motor and Control Technology
ULTRASILENT™ with QStream™ Sound Technology
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
ULTRASENSE™ H Humidity Sensing Technology
ULTRASENSE™ M Motion Sensing Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Indoor Air - Concerns For Healthy Living Environments - The Balancing Act® on Lifetime® Television
How Do I Prevent Mold Growth In Bathrooms? - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
How long can the venting for my bath vent be? Can I use flexible duct? - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Broan-NuTone Ventilation Fans Tip - Exhaust Fan Replacement Options - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts - Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||105|
|CFM @ 0.10"||110|
|CFM @ 0.25"||110|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2017||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8"|
|Light Bulb Quantity||2|
|Light Bulb Wattage||18|
|Light Bulbs Included||Yes|
|Minimum construction space required||2" x 8"|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|Product Weight (Pounds)||9.6|
|Rated Sones - Vertical||N/A|
|Sones 6" to 4" reducer||N/A|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
|Watts @ 0.1"||N/A|
|Watts @ 0.1" (Max CFM)||N/A|
|Watts @ 0.25"||N/A|
Switch recommendation for ZN110ML
Does Nu tone have a custom switch for this model. What is the recommendation for the switches. The installation guide not clear on this
Thank you for your question on the model ZN110ML multi-speed exhaust fan/night light/light with motion sensor. To individually control all functions, we would suggest using two combination switches, the model 66W and the 68W. These will fit in a double gang box and give you five individual switches. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 888-336-6151 for further assistance.
Date published: 2014-07-02
cant find a master sensor switch with 5 wire+ ground capability in light almond
don't have a place for the orange wire on master switches from lows or homedepot or ew , the orange wire is caped of at factory I am using the two switch setup ##### do you have both the switches in the diagram ( el shematic) or the part numbers and where to locate thanks again jim
Thank you for your question on the model ZN110ML multi-speed ventilation fan/light/night light and motion sensor. The ZN110ML requires the use of five individual switches or combination switches to equal five switches along with the associated wiring to have independent operation of all functions. The installation instructions also give options for using either two or three switches for optional operation. Using the two switch installation, you can use our combination switch model 68 that will give you two switches in a single gang box or use two standard wall switches in a double gang box. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 888-336-6151 for further assistance.
Date published: 2015-12-18
Can this vent be mounted on vertically against a flat wall (not a sloped wall)?
Can this vent be mounted on vertically against a flat wall assuming I can run the exhaust out of the back side of the wall?
Thank you for your question on the model ZN110ML multi-speed exhaust fan/light/night light and motion sensor. This product is designed for installation in flat ceilings only. It cannot be mounted in a sloped ceiling or wall.
Date published: 2015-04-30
My current fan/light has two switches - one for the fan, one for the light.
How would this new fan be switched? Can you walk into the room and just turn on the light?
Thank you for your question on the model ZN110HL multi-speed humidity sensing exhaust fan/light/night light. To operate all functions of the ZN110HL independently, you would need to install a total of five switches with five power wires from the switches to the unit. Please see the installation instructions for this product on our website or contact our Technical Service Department at 888-336-6151 for further assistance.
Date published: 2014-07-02
Will this fan work if I have to reduce to 3" duct?
Thank you for your question on the model ZN80ML multi-speed ventilation fan/light/night light and motion sensor. The ZN80ML is designed to be used with six inch, preferably rigid, duct work but it can be used with the six inch to four inch reducer that is included with it. We do not recommend reducing the duct work any smaller than four inches.
Date published: 2014-10-30