NuTone ULTRA PRO™ Series Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, extremely quiet operation, energy efficiency, consistent power and most impressively, the fastest, easiest, most universal installation available. These fans are ideal for both spot ventilation in humid bathrooms, as well as continuous ventilation to meet various building codes and Green Building standards around the United States.
- 110 CFM reduces humidity to quickly eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 105 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- QStream™ Technology - State-of-the-art blower design with airflow-smoothing baffles optimally smoothes airflow and reduce turbulence so the wheel can turn more slowly and quietly with no airflow loss
- QFlow™ Technology - Duct connector damper flap is completely removed from airstream to reduce static pressure again, allowing the blower to turn more slowly and quietly, Damper also seals against perimeter surfaces when closed to prevent backdrafts
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that deliver the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation, so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDF1 which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
NuTone ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
2014 Broan-NuTone ULTRA Pro Challenge Tour
NuTone ULTRA™ Series -- Installation Challenge Video
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
NuTone ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
NuTone ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||105|
|CFM @ 0.10"||110|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8"|
|Light Bulb Quantity||N/A|
|Light Bulb Wattage||N/A|
|Light Bulbs Included||No|
|Lighting Type||No Light|
|Minimum construction space required||2" x 8"|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|Radiation Damper Available||Yes|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
RN110 is rated
Rated 4 out of
Great Choice For Retro-Fit Installation
Installed this fan last week using the retro-fit instructions and only encountered some minor challenges. Based on this experience I suggest the screws contained in the parts package be sheet metal screws as the flat end screws provided are very difficult or impossible to use. Luckily I had some sheet metal screws on hand. Also, the fan grill assembly was extremely difficult to install flush with the ceiling. After making some major adjustments to the poorly designed spring assembly that holds all in place I was able flush mount the grill and light assembly. I honestly thought this higher end NuTone would include a quality grill attach system but sadly it does not. After getting around all of these detours with the fan up and running, I'm very please with the look and operation of this fan and lighting system. Fan itself is not as quiet as I was led to believe but it is an excellent choice for the task.
Date published: 2015-03-19
Rated 5 out of
This fan is super efficient and super quiet.
Date published: 2014-12-29
When will the RN110 be available and where will it be sold?
Thank you for your question on the model RN110 exhaust fan. The current expectation date for the RN110 is the beginning of May.
Date published: 2014-04-07
when will this product be available?
Thank you for your question. We need to know which model you are interested in so we can help you more. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 888-336-6151 for assistance.
Date published: 2014-03-12
Duct size and CFM
I have 4 inch duct work, and it looks like this fan comes with a 6 to 4 inch reducer. Will this fan still provide 110 CFM when the reducer is used? Am I better off looking at a QT series 110 CFM fan that does not use a reducer? Project is for a replacement of an older low CFM fan and I will not be able to install the fan from above in the attic. Thought the Ulta pro would be easier to install for retrofit applications.
Thank you for your question on the bath and ventilation fans. The size of duct work you can use would be listed in the installation instructions. Some 110 CFM models are designed for 4” and some are designed for 6” duct work. The XN, ZN, and RN models are the best choices for a new install without attic access. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 888-336-6151 with the model number of the unit you are referring to for further assistance.
Date published: 2014-11-13
how do you remove the light cover to change the bulbs
a video showing how to do it would be the best
also what night light bulb do I purchase
that is the bulb that needs replaced
Thank you for your question regarding light bulb replacement for your unit. The model you have selected, RN110, does not have a light. Please call Technical Support at 1-888-336-6151 for further assistance. Please have the model number of your fan available.
Date published: 2016-12-28
Can a 6” Duct be connected directly to the transition on the fan or does it need to step down to 4”?
Thank you for your question. The RN110 can attach directly to a 6” duct or the 4” transition can be used if need be. You can attach 6” duct directly to the transition. The 4” transition is not necessary unless you are using 4” pipe. For further assistance, contact Technical Support at 888-336-6151.
Date published: 2018-05-08