To learn more about this revolutionary new product and how you can install it faster in new construction and retrofits, CLICK HERE.
NuTone ULTRA GREEN™ Series Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, extremely quiet operation, energy efficiency, consistent power and most impressively, the fastest, easiest, most universal installation available. These fans are ideal for both spot ventilation in humid bathrooms, as well as continuous ventilation to meet various building codes and Green Building standards around the United States.
- 110 CFM reduces humidity to quickly eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 100 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- ULTRASilent™ Sound Technology results in operation at less than 0.3 Sones – the quietest sound rating attainable -- for an environment that is so quiet, you’ll likely forget the fan is on
- ULTRALucent™ Lighting Technology provides 36 watt lights (two 18-watt bulbs included) delivering the brightness (measured in lumens) of models previously requiring 60 watts of CFL output – You get the best of both worlds; clear, even lighting with no hot spots and smaller energy bills
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that deliver the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- ULTRASmart™ DC Motor & Control Technology provides energy efficiency almost 10 times greater than ENERGY STAR® requirements and maintains rated power (CFM) in nearly every installation. You have confidence you’re getting the expected performance and won’t even notice the fan usage on your utility bill
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDFU which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings. In some cases an accessory wire jumper kit is required. This kit (model RDJUMPU) provides the additional lighting and sensing wire length necessary to bypass the damper
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Improving indoor air quality with ULTRA GREEN™ ventilation fans
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
ULTRASMART™ DC Motor and Control Technology
ULTRASILENT™ with QStream™ Sound Technology
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
ULTRASENSE™ H Humidity Sensing Technology
ULTRASENSE™ M Motion Sensing Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Indoor Air - Concerns For Healthy Living Environments - The Balancing Act® on Lifetime® Television
How Do I Prevent Mold Growth In Bathrooms? - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
How long can the venting for my bath vent be? Can I use flexible duct? - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Broan-NuTone Ventilation Fans Tip - Exhaust Fan Replacement Options - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts - Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||105|
|CFM @ 0.10"||110|
|CFM @ 0.25"||110|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2018||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8"|
|Light Bulb Quantity||2|
|Light Bulb Wattage||18|
|Light Bulbs Included||Yes|
|Minimum construction space required||2" x 8"|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||No|
|Product Weight (Pounds)||9.6|
|Rated Sones - Vertical||N/A|
|Sones 6" to 4" reducer||N/A|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
|Watts @ 0.1"||8.7|
|Watts @ 0.1" (Max CFM)||8.7|
|Watts @ 0.25"||N/A|
XN110L is rated
Rated 5 out of
Strong Motor, moves lots of air
Installed in a retrofit installation on a smaller 4" exhaust duct (adapter included in box). Overall, the installation went smoothly and fan operates as intended. In fact it pushes so much air that the 4" duct is limiting it a bit. Noticed some rattling/squeaking noise over the course of a month but just greased the installation bracket where it made contact with the fan "box" and noise is gone. Only negative is the weird lamp socket but it's not the main bathroom light so, not a big concern. Very happy with this purchase!
Date published: 2016-04-26
Rated 4 out of
Quick removal of moisture.
Very satisfied with the quick removal of moisture from the bathroom when taking a shower. No fogging of the mirror. The noise level was higher than we thought it would be for the fan, but overall satisfied.
Date published: 2014-09-06
Rated 5 out of
Well worth the money
Nutone has gone beyond expectations in making this unit easy to install, the unit is extremely quiet, looks good and I'm going to purchase another.
Date published: 2013-02-20
With the XN80L, can I connect to 4" inch duct and what is the CFM and noise impact?
You can connect to 4" duct, in fact there is an adapter included in the box. Not sure on exact CFM and noise values but you can probably find that in the online spec sheet. http://www.nutone.com/common/productDigitalAssethandler.ashx?id=b7f66b9d-462b-4330-b22c-7377901b5999
I have this exact installation and noticed some restriction from the duct but i also have an inline fire baffle that limits flow. If I were to do it again i would go with the XN50 line but that all will depend on your specific situation and size of bathroom, etc.
Date published: 2016-10-29
How many lumens does this unit produce?
Thank you for your question on the model XN110L exhaust fan/light/night light. The XN110L uses two 18 watt (max) fluorescent bulbs, rated at 3500K. We do not have a lumen rating for this unit. This unit should produce the light of a 60 watt incandescent bulb.
Date published: 2017-02-07
Does the single speed fan of the XN110L run at < 0.3 sones. Both it and the multi-speed ZN110L have the statement "From sound levels of <0.3 Sones—the lowest rating achievable" I wasn't able to find out which of the ZN's speeds the XN runs at therefore I am not sure about the "quietness" of this product - which is essential for our bathroom. Thanks.
Thank you for your question on the models XN110L and ZN110L exhaust fan/light/night light. Both of these units are rated at < .3 sones at their high speed.
Date published: 2014-11-04
Can I use GU24 LED bulbs instead?
I'm an electrical contractor looking to provide a complete LED lighting package in a residential application.
Thank you for your question regarding use of LED bulbs in the XN110L exhaust fan/light. You can use an LED in this unit as long as the bulb is listed by a certification body (UL, CSA, ETL), is marked suitable for enclosed fixtures and is equivalent lumens or less. If you have any further questions regarding use of LED bulbs in this exhaust fan/light, please contact Technical Support at 1-888-336-6151.
Date published: 2015-12-21
Does "•ULTRALucent™ Lighting Technology " use CFL or LED technology?
If the answer depends on the model, which models use LED technology?
LED models are:
The LunAura Colletion has a Blue LED NIGHT LIGHT.
QTNLEDB & QTNLEDA
Date published: 2013-12-24