To learn more about this revolutionary new product and how you can install it faster in new construction and retrofits, CLICK HERE.
- 80 CFM quickly reduces humidity to prevent or eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 75 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- Multi-Speed operation handles demanding spot ventilation needs, but can also pull double-duty as a great continuous ventilation solution to meet today’s stringent requirements. Upon installation, a continuous CFM adjustment dial is set to precisely control the airflow for the size of your house – so you’ll enjoy a successful inspection and not over-ventilate. A timer dial is set at the same time to control how long the fan runs at maximum CFM, before automatically returning to the lower continuous ventilation level – all after you leave the room
- ULTRALucent™ Lighting Technology provides 36 watt lights (two 18-watt bulbs included) delivering the brightness (measured in lumens) of models previously requiring 60 watts of CFL output – You get the best of both worlds; clear, even lighting with no hot spots and smaller energy bills
- ULTRASilent™ with QStream™ Sound Technology results in operation at less than 0.3 Sones – the quietest sound rating attainable -- for an environment that is so quiet, you’ll likely forget the fan is on
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that deliver the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- ULTRASmart™ DC Motor & Control Technology provides energy efficiency almost 10 times greater than ENERGY STAR® requirements and maintains rated power (CFM) in nearly every installation. You have confidence you’re getting the expected performance and won’t even notice the fan usage on your utility bill
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDFU which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings. In some cases an accessory wire jumper kit is required. This kit (model RDJUMPU) provides the additional lighting and sensing wire length necessary to bypass the damper
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Improving indoor air quality with ULTRA GREEN™ ventilation fans
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
ULTRASMART™ DC Motor and Control Technology
ULTRASILENT™ with QStream™ Sound Technology
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
ULTRASENSE™ H Humidity Sensing Technology
ULTRASENSE™ M Motion Sensing Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Indoor Air - Concerns For Healthy Living Environments - The Balancing Act® on Lifetime® Television
How Do I Prevent Mold Growth In Bathrooms? - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
How long can the venting for my bath vent be? Can I use flexible duct? - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Broan-NuTone Ventilation Fans Tip - Exhaust Fan Replacement Options - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts - Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||75|
|CFM @ 0.10"||80|
|CFM @ 0.25"||80|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2018||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8"|
|Light Bulb Quantity||2|
|Light Bulb Wattage||18|
|Light Bulbs Included||Yes|
|Minimum construction space required||2" x 8"|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|Product Weight (Pounds)||9.8|
|Rated Sones - Vertical||N/A|
|Sones 6" to 4" reducer||0.3|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
|Watts @ 0.1"||6|
|Watts @ 0.1" (Max CFM)||6|
|Watts @ 0.25"||N/A|
ZN80L is rated
Rated 5 out of
Excellent Fan - Poor Wiring Directions
This is an excellent bathroom fan and can be used as a fan replacement. The directions are lacking in explaining how to wire the fan and lights. With reference to page 12, the switch connected to the BLACK fan wire is called the MASTER switch and the switch connected to RED fan wire the MODE switch. To operate the fan the master switch needs to be ON. If the MODE switch is ON when the MASTER switch is turned ON the fan will run at the rated speed. If the MASTER switch is turned ON and the MODE switch is OFF the fan motor will not run. If both switches are ON the fan motor will run at the rated speed. If after both switches are ON and then the MODE switch is turned OFF, after the time set by the "TIME" control, the fan motor will run at the speed set by the "CFM" control. The fan will run at this reduced speed until the MASTER switch is turned OFF. In order, to operate all four functions(MASTER, MODE, Light, and Night light) independently four single pole switches would be required.
If one would like to use one three coductor wire, three switches, and have the light on when the fan is running the FAN wire (BLACK) and the LIGHT wire(RED) would be connected to the same single pole switch. If the MODE switch is then turned OFF, the light be go "OFF" and the fan will complete it cycle of operation.
Operation with two single pole switches and one three conductor wire.
With two single pole switches this fan and light can be arranged to operate in a wonderful manner. One switch is connected to the MASTER line(Black wire) of the fan and to the wire of the night light(Red wire). The second switch is connected to the mode wire of the fan(Red wire) and the light wire(Blue wire).
Date published: 2013-12-23
Can we put a timer on the exhaust fan? Can we have separate switches for the heater and the light?
An external timer can be used on the master power line but it would be redundant to do so because the model ZN110L included a timer which is preset for about 30 minutes of operation after the mode switch is turned OFF. This setting can be changed - see page 12 of Installation Guide.
Three switches are recommend for the model - one for the MASTER power, a second for the MODE and a third for the LIGHT. It is possible to operate the unit with two switches if the MODE and LIGHT are powered by the same switch. This model does not have a heater so no heater switch is necessary for this unit.
Date published: 2014-02-22
Is this fan supposed to run all the time?
Our builder installed this fan and it never goes off. They claim it is supposed to run 24/7 all the time. That makes no sense and it should eventually go off. Please advise ?
Thank you for your question on the model ZN80L multi-speed exhaust fan/light/night light. The ZN80L will run continuously at a user set low speed. The fan was designed for use in the new air-tight houses that need constant ventilation. The installation instructions are available for download from our web site and they explain how the fan works. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 888-336-6151 if you need further assistance.
Date published: 2017-03-28
DO YOUR VENTILATION FANS HAVE A FLAP OR DOOR IN THE OUTLET TO KEEP THE COLD OR HOT AIR FROM COMING BACK IN.
Thank you for your question on the model ZN110L multi-speed exhaust fan/light/night light. The ZN110L does have a back draft damper included on the unit housing where the duct work connects. We also recommend having a roof or wall cap (where the duct work exits the house) with a damper included.
Date published: 2014-11-07