This stainless steel, wall-mounted chimney hood combines classic styling with high-tech performance. Need more ventilation time after baking tilapia? No problem, the delay-off feature handles it for you.
The gourmet of the house will appreciate the enduring, seamless design and the three-speed, push-button controls. Your guests will appreciate that you take meal preparation seriously.
- Brushed stainless steel construction is durable, easy to clean and a perfect match to your other stainless appliances
- 29-1/2” width to fit with standard, 30” cook tops and cabinetry. Proper sizing provides effective ventilation
- Powerful, 350 CFM single centrifugal blower quickly eliminates smoke and odors. When placed on the High setting, steam and cooking smells disappear in a hurry from your kitchen
- The quiet 2.5 sones rating in the normal setting allow you to clear out cooking smoke and unwanted smells without disturbing the peace in your kitchen
- Four, electronic, push-button controls with blue backlighting provide easy command of the three blower speeds, the delay-off feature and the work light
- Two 40W incandescent bulbs (Type B10 bulbs included) provide bright cook top lighting. You’re sure to have plenty of light for preparing that evening meal
- Two dishwasher-safe, aluminum grease filters with quick-release latch are engineered to remove airborne particles efficiently and clean up easily to keep your range hood operating at peak efficiency (Replacement charcoal filter model ROUNDFILTER, sold separately)
- Includes all non-duct components for recirculation back into the kitchen when ducting outdoors is not possible. The disposable charcoal filter (model ROUNDFILTER) is designed to clear the air of odors -- whether it’s bacon or burnt toast
- Delay-off setting allows the blower to operate for an additional 10 minutes and then stops automatically. It will allow extra blower time after you leave the cook top to ensure complete ventilation
- Easy installation with telescoping flue to fit 8’ to 9’ ceilings. Includes 6” round duct connector/backdraft damper and non-duct components to accommodate multiple installation scenarios
- Permanently lubricated fan motor is designed for years of trouble-free service
- UL listed for safety and HVI certified to ensure confidence in performance ratings
- Can be used to comply with California Title 24
Buy this Range Hood online at
NuTone Range Hoods are stocked and available at The Home Depot.
Find the nearest Home Depot location in your neighborhood.
Cleaning a Range Hood Filter – Danny Lipford
Proper Use of a Range Hood- Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home – Danny Lipford
Residential Kitchen Make-Up Air Webinar September 24, 2013
Broan Universal Make-Up Air Damper
First Time Homeowner 5: Kitchen Renovation, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford
5 Kitchen Renovations To Avoid, Consumer Reports
Clearing the Air, K+BB
The Kitchen as a Pollution Hazard, The New York Times
Fixing Stove Hoods To Keep Pollution Out Of The Kitchen, NPR Blogs
|Accommodates Ceiling Height||8' - 9'|
|Blower Air Mover Type||Centrifugal|
|Cabinet Width (inches)||30"|
|Control Feature Filter Reminder||No|
|Delay Shut Off||Yes|
|Dishwasher Safe Filters||Yes|
|Duct Connector Size||6" Round|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||No|
|Flue Accommodates ceilings up to xx ft||8' - 9'|
|Heat Sentry® - Temperature Sensor||Yes|
|Light Bulb Quantity||3|
|Light Bulb Wattage||40|
|Light Bulbs Included||Yes|
|Minimum Height Above Cook Top||24" from bottom of hood|
|Product Depth (inches)||19.728|
|Product Height (inches)||25.5|
|Product Width (inches)||29-1/2"|
|Sones Certified Horizontal High||N/A|
|Sones Certified Vertical High||8.5|
|Sones Certified Vertical Low||2.5|
|Switch Control Settings||3-Speed|
Filter for NS58000 series
I cannot find anywhere to order filter S99528311. Please help
Thank you for your question. The part number for the 2 aluminum grease filters is: 99528311. The non-duct re-circulation filters is part number: 97018030. To order these parts you can visit our website and use our "shop for parts" link or call our Customer Service Department at 888-336-3948.
Date published: 2019-01-04
Where is the motor and damper located in the hood? Is it within the pyramid or at the top extending into the first portion of the chimney?
Thank you for your question. The blower motor is located inside the hood cavity, while the damper is located at the top of the hood. The duct connector is hidden by the flue extension. For further assistance, contact Technical Support at 888-336-6151.
Date published: 2018-06-14
Will the flue telescope long enough for my 9 foot ceilings?
Thank you for your question on the model NS5830SS range hood. This range hood is designed to be installed in eight to nine foot ceilings without any additional extensions.
Date published: 2013-10-23
how do you remove lightbulbs?
Thank you for your question on the model NS5830SS range hood. To install or change bulbs you would first remove the grease filter(s) by pulling down the metal latch and tilting filter down. You would then remove and discard bulb, replace with new bulb and re-install grease filter(s). The installation instructions are available for download from our web site if you need additional assistance.
Date published: 2015-01-06
I have a 9' ceiling but don't want the range hood mounted 30" above stove. I have a 6" gap currently. Do you offer another sleeve to go all the way to the ceiling?
Thank you for your question on the model NS5830SS range hood. We do not offer any additional decorative flues or extensions for the NS5830SS range hood.
Date published: 2014-02-20