NuTone ULTRA PRO™ Series Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, extremely quiet operation, energy efficiency, consistent power and most impressively, the fastest, easiest, most universal installation available. These fans are ideal for both spot ventilation in humid bathrooms, as well as continuous ventilation to meet various building codes and Green Building standards around the United States.
- 80 CFM reduces humidity to quickly eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 75 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- QStream™ Technology - State-of-the-art blower design with airflow-smoothing baffles optimally smoothes airflow and reduce turbulence so the wheel can turn more slowly and quietly with no airflow loss
- QFlow™ Technology - Duct connector damper flap is completely removed from airstream to reduce static pressure again, allowing the blower to turn more slowly and quietly, Damper also seals against perimeter surfaces when closed to prevent backdrafts
- ULTRALucent™ Lighting Technology provides 36 watt lights (two 18-watt bulbs included) delivering the brightness (measured in lumens) of models previously requiring 60 watts of CFL output – You get the best of both worlds; clear, even lighting with no hot spots and smaller energy bills
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that deliver the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation, so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
NuTone ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
2014 Broan-NuTone ULTRA Pro Challenge Tour
NuTone ULTRA™ Series -- Installation Challenge Video
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
NuTone ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
NuTone ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||75|
|CFM @ 0.10"||80|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8"|
|Light Bulb Quantity||2|
|Light Bulb Wattage||18|
|Light Bulbs Included||Yes|
|Minimum construction space required||2" x 8"|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
RN80L is rated
Rated 5 out of
This fan is to replace a 17 year old NuTone unit that worked fine but had gotten quite noisy. This unit was an easy retrofit into our existing 4" vent piping. The .3 Sone rating was a big selling point in replacing our old unit, and is much quieter.
Date published: 2016-11-28
can this fan be mounted in the shower
Thank you for your question. The RN80L is suitable for use over bathtubs and showers when connected to a GFCI protected branch circuit.
Date published: 2017-08-08
What is the difference between the RN80L and themARN80L?
Thank you for your question on the model RN80L exhaust fan/light/night light and ARN80L exhaust fan/light. The main difference is that the RN80L designed for better installation from below (without attic access) has a night light, is quieter (<0.3 sones), is Energy Star qualified and uses two 18 watt maximum fluorescent bulbs. The ARN80L is rated at 0.8 sones, does not have a night light and uses a 100 watt maximum incandescent bulb. The spec sheets and installation instructions are available for download from our web site for your convenience.
Date published: 2016-05-05
My ceiling is about 5/8" to 3/4" thick (lathe and plaster) - in other words, not standard 1/2" drywall. Any other installation guidelines for RN8)L
Thank you for your question on the model RN80L exhaust fan/light. The RN80L is designed to be installed in a ½ inch ceiling, but you still may be able to get away with 5/8 inch. You will definitely have a problem installing this unit if the ceiling thickness is more than that. I’m sorry, but we would not have a solution for that installation.
Date published: 2016-07-14
can you use a reducer with this to reduce from 4" to 3" duct?
Thank you for your question on the model RN80L exhaust fan/light/night light. The RN80L is designed to use six inch, preferably rigid duct work, but a six inch to four inch transition is included if you have existing four inch duct work. We do not recommend or suggest using any smaller duct work with this unit.
Date published: 2015-03-23
My ceiling is 3/4" thick. Can I purchase a top support in place of the adjustable bottom support to control (i.e. lower) the depth of the housing?
The RN80L comes with the adjustable support that mounts to the bottom of the joist.
Thank you for your question on the model RN80L exhaust fan/light. There is no option for a top support for the RN80L. We have no option for installing the RN80L in a ¾ inch thick ceiling.
Date published: 2016-07-18