The WS2 Range Hood is over 50% quieter than the average hood and delivers brilliant halogen lighting to your cook top. Three-position, soft-touch controls and a non-stick coating on the bottom cover make it smooth and easy to clean. This hood’s quiet nature is due to its high-performance centrifugal blower. You’ll be able to carry on a conversation while cooking and you won’t miss out on the juicy details.
- Powder-coated finish in white is durable, easy to clean and will be a perfect match to your white appliances
- Monochromatic white controls blend with hood for a clean, neat appearance
- 30” width to fit with like-size, standard cook tops and cabinetry. Proper sizing provides effective ventilation
- Rated at 0.9 sones on Normal speed, the WS2 is over 50% quieter than the typical range hood in its class. The 300 CFM fan provides effective ventilation and you won’t have to turn up the volume to hear your favorite song while cooking
- Three-speed, soft-touch controls with LED indicators give you convenient command of Normal, Mid and High fan speeds. Use the quiet, Normal, setting for average cooking conditions and switch to Mid or High to quickly remove unwanted cooking aromas
- Twin halogen light system designed for bulbs up to 50 W, (PAR20 bulbs not included), can be adjusted to three levels with the front soft-touch push buttons. They provide bright, soft or ambient illumination for impressive lighting over the cook top and surrounding area. Enjoy the clear advantage of seeing what you are cooking
- Two dishwasher-safe, aluminum grease filters are engineered to remove airborne particles efficiently and clean up easily to keep your range hood operating at peak efficiency (For non-duct option use charcoal filter, Model BPSF30, sold separately)
- Clean SenseTM charcoal filters (BPSF30, sold separately) have an indicator that changes color when replacement is necessary for an easy maintenance reminder (non-ducted installation only)
- Heat SentryTM feature detects excessive heat and adjusts blower speed to high automatically. This smart feature protects and prolongs the life of your range hood
- Easy installation with keyhole mounting slots, connector/backdraft dampers and four ducting options provide simple flexibility
- 3 ¼” x 10” vertical discharge
- 3 ¼” x 10” horizontal discharge
- 7” round, vertical discharge
- Non-ducted recirculation requires two Clean SenseTM charcoal filters, BPSF30, sold separately
- Includes adjustable duct connectors to accommodate off-center ductwork and make installation a snap
- Permanently lubricated fan motor is designed for years of trouble-free service
- UL listed for safety and HVI certified to ensure confidence in performance ratings
Buy this Range Hood online at
NuTone Range Hoods are stocked and available at The Home Depot.
Find the nearest Home Depot location in your neighborhood.
Cleaning a Range Hood Filter – Danny Lipford
Proper Use of a Range Hood- Danny Lipford
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home – Danny Lipford
Broan Universal Make-Up Air Damper
First Time Homeowner 5: Kitchen Renovation, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford
5 Kitchen Renovations To Avoid, Consumer Reports
Clearing the Air, K+BB
The Kitchen as a Pollution Hazard, The New York Times
Fixing Stove Hoods To Keep Pollution Out Of The Kitchen, NPR Blogs
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Accommodates Ceiling Height||N/A|
|Blower Air Mover Type||Centrifugal|
|Cabinet Width (inches)||30"|
|Control Feature Filter Reminder||No|
|Delay Shut Off||No|
|Dishwasher Safe Filters||Yes|
|Duct Connector Size||3-1/4" x 10", 7" Round or Non-Ducted|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||No|
|Filter Type||Aluminum Micro Mesh|
|Flue Accommodates ceilings up to xx ft||N/A|
|Heat Sentry - Temperature Sensor||Yes|
|Light Bulb Quantity||2|
|Light Bulbs Included||No|
|Max Sones/100 CFM||1.5|
|Minimum Height Above Cook Top||16-3/4"|
|Product Depth (inches)||20"|
|Product Height (inches)||7-1/4"|
|Product Width (inches)||30"|
|Sones Certified Horizontal High||4.5|
|Sones Certified Vertical High||5.0|
|Sones Certified Vertical Low||0.8|
|Switch Control Settings||3-Speed|
WS230WW is rated
Rated 5 out of
Quiet, Versatile and Effective
I live in a 1954 bungalow that came with an ineffective, noisy ceiling exhaust fan we never used. During kitchen renovations, I decided to get a proper exhaust fan installed and to vent it out the side wall of my kitchen. I decided to get the WS2 because it runs quieter than the WS1 and has 3 fan and light settings for added versatility. What a joy this product is. Super quiet on the low speed (150 cfm) and super effective on the high speed (300 cfm). Same for the lights: the low light ambient setting is very pleasant and the high light setting is very bright (even using 39 watt halogen bulbs vs. the 50 watt bulbs they recommend). I ended up venting my WS2 vertically using 6-inch round duct (basically, the adapter followed by a right angle elbow out through the wall). No issues with rattling or exhaust back up. Many thanks to NuTone's Tech Service reps - I asked a lot of questions and they were extremely helpful.
Date published: 2015-04-22
Rated 4 out of
Quiet operation, easy install, great lighting & nice looks
Extremely quiet operation even at high speed. The 2 halogen lights really light up our stove top. Easy install (Horizontal ducted) which included a damper. May need 2 people to install, unit is @ 30 lbs.
This unit replaced an old Nutone unit which was loud, & not very exhaust efficient. We are very impressed with this unit, & would recommend to anyone!
Date published: 2014-09-07
Rated 5 out of
Excellent quality for the price
This was easy to install right from the start. The instructions were very easy to read and to follow. The installation was very strighforward. The vent slid into position and was installed within minutes. Very simple for the average homeowner. It has performed without flaw since the installation. You can't go wrong with this . Definitely good value.
Date published: 2014-09-05
Rated 4 out of
Like all the features and the ease of operation
I like everything about this product, it performs as advertised, so far I have had no problems with this product, and everyone who sees it likes the style of it.
Date published: 2013-02-20
Allure WS2 low suction, and blowing air from the top
Low suction could be resulting from the blowing air from the top of the hood. Is is normal that the air blows from the openings on the top?
If not, how to fix it? Thanks
The unit comes with a baffle to block off the "Non-ducted" vents on top of the hood. It should be installed when the hood is ducted to the outside, either vertically or horizontally. Installation of the baffle can be found on page 3 of the installation guide.
Date published: 2015-03-07
Levels of light
I installed 2 LED8WPar20-AL light bulbs and now I have 4 levels of light because in the off position the light bulbs still glow dimly. I don't have a problem with this as long as there are no safety issues.
I just installed this range hood and am using the PAR-20 LED lamps. If either one of them is removed the other light glows dimly, when both lamps are inserted they are out until one of the intensity buttons is selected.
Date published: 2017-07-29
What cfm volume do each of the 3 fan speeds output on the WS230WW?
Do the 3 fan speeds output a specific, consistent cfm volume (eg., normal fan speed of 100 cfm; mid fan speed of 200 cfm; high fan speed of 300 cfm)? I've been thinking that 300 cfm may be too much for my bungalow (without adding make-up air, which I'd like to avoid) but since this unit is quieter than the 220 cfm WS1, I thought I could just run the WS2 at speeds 1 and 2 and probably be a whole lot happier. Does that make sense? I'm assuming the WS2's automatic heat sensor won't run the unit on high speed all the time and negate all this.
Thank you for your question on the model WS230WW range hood. The high speed would be 300 CFM and the low speed would normally be around 150 CFM. The middle speed would be approximately 225 CFM. You do not need to use the high speed. As long as you use the low or midrange fan when cooking, you probably would not see the heat sensor turn the speed to high very often.
Date published: 2015-03-04
Is the bottom closed for easier cleaning?
Is it also teflon coated? I saw that on some models.
Thank you for your question on the model WS230WW range hood. Under the aluminum mesh grease filters, there is a Teflon-coated bottom cover that makes clean up much easier. The cover is held in place with two screws and can be removed for more thorough cleaning.
Date published: 2017-05-11
Looking for clarity around your answer to my third question about vertical venting of the WS230WW
Thanks for answering my 3 venting questions earlier this week. Can't wait to get your fan installed. Previously, one of your Technical Service reps told me to that if I vented this unit vertically with round duct work, I should go about 2 feet before installing an elbow to avoid the exhaust backing up and re-entering the kitchen. Your comment that I can just add the elbow directly on top of the unit is a little contradictory. Just wanted to double check with you before doing the work. Maybe I misunderstood the Tech Service rep (maybe she was suggesting using a 2 foot straight length before an elbow when using 6" round duct instead of 7"). Please clarify if you could and don't feel obligated to post this additional question on your site (unless you want to - feel free to edit appropriately as you see fit)
Thank you for your question on the model WS230WW range hood. Please contact our Canadian office at 888-882-7626 for assistance.
Date published: 2015-03-02