NuTone’s latest software innovation learns what you like and need to create a more convenient and user friendly smart home experience
HARTFORD, Wis. – In today’s busy world, it’s easy to forget to do the simplest things: turn off the lights at night, unplug the curling iron or even shut the garage door when leaving for vacation. Instead of worrying about what we may have overlooked at home, wouldn’t it be nice if our homes remembered to do these things for us? With the new NuTone® Intelligent Home software, integrated home automation, from the living room couch or across the globe, is now automatic, or accessible from just a tap of the finger or by voice command.
The NuTone Intelligent Home service provides the ultimate home automation solution, placing peace of mind, energy savings, convenience and control at the sound of one’s voice and fingertips. Thanks to voice installation, configuration, and control, NuTone offers essential technological intelligence behind a smarter home. The service is not only highly intelligent but also proactive using external events like weather or pollen counts to automatically trigger reactions in the home, or engage the homeowner in a conversation on recommended actions to keep your family well.
“At NuTone, we strive to make consumers’ lives easier and more efficient with our smarter, interactive technologies,” said Jessica Lindquist, Global Category Director, for NuTone Home Comfort & Convenience. “The NuTone Intelligent Home service and NuTone Smart Home Series devices are our next generation of product offerings that will do just that. Homeowners now have a system that learns their preferences, intelligently determining and recommending desired actions for their connected home.”
Using a NuTone Smart Home Series hub and a smartphone, tablet or Amazon Echo™, homeowners are able to monitor, dim, turn on/off, open/close, schedule or automate up to 200 of their favorite Wi-Fi, Zigbee, Bluetooth® and Z-Wave devices. The NuTone Intelligent Home service enhances home automation, now users do not need their smart phones in hand to control their house. Homeowners can control their Intelligent Home from multiple market-leading listening platforms, including Amazon Echo, iOS and Android based-platforms.
NuTone Smart Home Series Devices
The NuTone Smart Home Series line of connected and smart devices provides homeowners with a variety of options to wirelessly automate their homes. Purchase your NuTone Smart Home Series Hub, connect it to the internet and start adding NuTone Smart Home Series devices or a curated select set of third party devices to control.
- Smart Garage Door Controller: Wirelessly control and monitor the garage door. The Smart Garage Door Controller provides safe, secure operation, limiting unauthorized access to the home.
- Smart Thermostat: Manage home comfort and energy costs from anywhere. The Smart Thermostat lets homeowners program and schedule home temperature settings from their phone.
- Smart Wall Dimmers and Switches: Choose from the Smart Wall Switch, Smart Dimmer Wall Switch, and Smart 3-Way Wall Dimmer Switch. With one tap on your smartphone, you can group your lights to create the right mood, light an outdoor pathway, or dim lights to watch a movie.
- Smart Wall Outlet: Make anything plugged into the outlet a smart device. The Smart Wall Outlet lets homeowners automatically turn on/off appliances plugged into the outlet or schedule them.
- Smart Dimmable LED Light Bulb: Smart lighting control as easy as screwing in a bulb. The Smart Dimmable LED Light Bulb automates lighting without the need for rewiring or electrical work.
- Smart Fixture Control: Operate and control virtually any electrical device or appliance without the expense or hassle of running new wiring. The Smart Fixture Control is ideal for lighting, ventilation fans, ceiling fans and more.
- Smart Plug-In Dimmer Module: Make anything plugged into the module a smart device. The Smart Plug-In Dimmer Module is ideal for table and floor lamps.
- Smart Plug-In Appliance Module: Making your appliances smart is as easy as plugging in an outlet. The Smart Plug-In Appliance Module is ideal for any light-duty appliance like a coffee pot.
For more information, visit: http://www.nutone.com/HomeAutomation.
About NuTone and Broan-NuTone
NuTone® is a registered trademark of Broan-NuTone LLC, North America's leading manufacturer and distributor of residential built-in convenience products including home automation products, door chimes, central vacuum systems, ceiling fans, intercom systems, ironing centers and ventilation fans. BROAN® is a registered trademark of Broan-NuTone LLC, North America's leading manufacturer and distributor of residential ventilation products including range hoods, ventilation fans, heater/fan/light combination units, balanced ventilation systems (IAQ), built-in heaters and attic ventilators.